24 September, 2008

Timing

I am sorry but this crisis has been happening for a while now. Why do you want to suspend the debate and go to Washington? Maybe just be there for the vote, fellas (which should be no as it stands really!) and take the opportunity to debate what is going on. Let us hear your plans in action. Lots of folks don't have the interwebs, and cannot flock to political and newspaper sites for hours as I do. Let's hear what you have to say. Really. Keep it simple-ish, and make sure it makes sense. But don't go hiding back in Washington D.C. Press on! (I think that sending those two to D.C. makes it less likely that reporting will be concentrated on what is going on. I also think McCain politicizes it more by doing this. I also read Obama contacted McCain this morning to ask him about coming together for a joint statement regarding the crisis and bailout. Did he mention this plan to Mr. Obama? Lastly, I am surprised that instead of postponing the Presidential debates, that there wasn't some move in the next week or so to postpone the Vice Presidential debates.) That is all (for now, of course!)

No comments: