19 September, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Today driving down Parnell I saw a garage sale at my fantasy house. They had a bed, and I stopped. It was twin, and really pretty. It was pretty much exactly what I pictured for Ava. We spoke to the lady who was selling it (she used it as well as her sister but had gotten a set of twin antique beds from her sister for her girls who are sharing a room) and made a deal. On the way back to the car I saw a Fisher Price basketball hoop with a stand- and she showed me it is adjustable and goes from four up to six feet! So for $31, I got us a basketball hoop that the kids were enjoying all evening and a beautiful new big girl bed for our girl. PJ will have to go pick it up, and we will have to obtain a mattress set for it, but it will be worth it. Didi, please let me know when you and Julie get ready to make your next Ikea run as I might be asking for some linens! Will post pictures of the bed when it is up and running. Tomorrow is Johnny Appleseed and I promise to post some pictures of that too. I can't wait to hear the bagpipes!!!

1 comment:

just jen said...

i've got to start touring the garage sales in the upscale neighborhoods here in town...i need bunk beds...