12 April, 2008

It's supercalafragilisticexpealidishwasherous!


Last night there was much celebrating as PJ had successfully installed the beautimus new dishwasher. I would be lying if I said there was no trepidation when we fired it up. Would the dishes come out clean? Would there be leaking under the sink? I insisted we place the bucket back under there with nothing in it just in case (not that I don't have faith in PJ, but I do not like tempting Fate. She doesn't like when I do that.) So we loaded up the few dishes we had from dinner, and fired it up. At first it wasn't as quiet as I was expecting, but had a "duh" moment and realized that the kickplate wasn't on yet. Once that was on it was super quiet! The cycle was set to regular, and the rinse aid and detergent spaces were filled with the proper amounts, and off we went. The initial time on the countdown clock is 124 minutes, but I was in the kitchen washing pans and the stove and when I left it showed 84 minutes, and there was no way I was in there for that long. This morning I opened the door to the dishwasher (PJ had already checked it out) and saw beautifully clean mostly (no less than the other dishwasher!) dry dishes. I sighed a sigh of relief and happiness, then despair because I realized I had to go to the gym. But that's another story. Nothing but happiness regarding the dishwasher!!!
James and I went to Maumee Paint the other day and they had those little Benjamin Moore samples and even tho they didn't have a color even close to the color card I brought in, I found 2 that were a nice grayish greenish green gray. One seemed more gray and the other more green. I started with the more gray one as I think the green one might be too green. It's the color of putty, kinda, or mud, but still pretty! I cannot describe it, and I also cannot photograph it because the color doesn't come out true in the pictures. I think the color on the card that I liked would have been much too dark, even though the room is pretty light. I think I am ready to "pull the trigger" on the paint- now I need to return the green sample and decide if I want to do the ceramic paint in this color. It's much darker than the one I had on before, yet much lighter than the latest one I had chosen. Looks really good with the cabinets and the backsplash. I'll keep trying for pictures- maybe in the evening without the flash. Don't give up hope. I'll keep trying!
PJ is taking Ava on a bike ride this afternoon down to Headwaters Park, right by his office. Oprah's Big Give is giving money to Fort Wayne for the trail system (which is really awesome) so they're going to throw the tagalong on the back of his bike and take the 2 mile ride down there. It's chilly out today, but not too bad. I think they'll have fun. I will try to get him (or her!) to take a camera.
Pizza for dinner tonight, and Lawrence Welk. Last week I successfully guessed the year at 1971. That was HARD! Whenever they are straddling a decade I get really confused, but emerged victorious last week. Wish me luck tonight!
p.s. It hit me last night when PJ was installing the dishwasher and I was really looking at it that it's the same dishwasher as there was in a house we looked at in South Bend. It was a beautiful colonial with a big lot. Really nice house, very well cared for. We really liked it, and I think we even made an offer, but the guest room would have been in the basement and there wasn't an exit to the back yard except through the garage. Which, for how much we grill was preposterous! I think they got a better offer, and we decided that for the no exit to back reason we would let it go. That and the house number was 1313 and the zip code had 3 number 6's in it. Again, me with the Fate thing decided that was best. We ended up across Portage almost exactly the same distance, just on the other side of Portage, in the house on Adams. Best. Neighborhood. Ever. The Big Guy was certainly looking out for us, for although the peeps on Marquette may have been nice, nobody could have beat the Jensens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are sooooo happy for the new addition! In working order! And beautiful! And efficient! Good for you PJ! Good choice Angie! Plus, loved the current pictures of the little darlings : )
Love, Didi and Papa