18 April, 2008

Indiana Corn Fed Children



We found corn (!!!) at Meijer last weekend, and as the weather is kicking tail this week we got some chops to go with them. (Got those at the local butcher tho.) Anyhoo, very busy week around these parts with PJ playing 2 soccer games Wednesday (lost both- seriously, this series is tough as they are playing more talented opponents) and he's out for drinks with his peeps tonight, so I decided we would grill Thursday. It was a hoooooge day anyhoo, which I will save with pictures for the next post, but we celebrated Spring with some grilling. I boiled the corn, tho, as the ATK book says that produces the best taste. I did sprinkle some sugar in the water before boiling, which was a great idea. The corn was awesome. And our super big girl asked for hers on the cob. Who was I to say no? I had found the corn holder thingies and the little trays that hold the corn as well, so she did as Mom and Dad did. And she rocked that corn on the cob! There was no hesitation, just a request for more. We told her we would keep an eye out at Meijer this weekend, and hopefully I will be able to fulfill her wish. Maybe we should plant some in the garden?

No comments: