14 April, 2008

Fort Ava


This morning I noticed some dog hair on our bedroom floor (huh?) so decided to get out the broom. Even though I had a big ole' pile, it was clear that I had only dented the problem, and went to get my favorite orangish red appliance. The kids played nicely and quietly by themselves as I attacked the dirt, dust and doghair. When I was finished, I actually worked my way up the stairs (that is a chore, and one I put off sometimes; shhhhh!) and found the kids playing nicely in Ava's closet. She recently (Sunday) got closet light privileges back after we caught her going in the closet to read books WAY past her bedtime. (It's not the reading, seriously, the girl needs her sleep!) So James had brought his new favorite book in for her to "read" to him, and they played GREAT together. So now I need to reward them. Too cold for the park today, but tomorrow after school, maybe snacks to hold off lunch hunger and some playtime at Lakeside?

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

How cool to have a closet light. I remember trying to read by the sliver of hall light that came through the bottom crack of my bedroom door.