23 April, 2007

Time to make a choice

Saturday the weather was lovely so we decided a good steak on the grill and some mexican beer was in order. PJ went to the local market and got a nice steak, and to the local liquor store and got some Negro Modelo and lime. We were all set. We even called PJ's friend Dave and with the addition of the salad we were ready to go. We all sat down for what promised to be a delicious meal with good company (perfect evening?) when suddenly there was an EXPLOSION. PJ had been removing the outer protective plastic ring from the salad dressing and when it was off he began to shake. Salad dressing was EVERYWHERE. And we aren't talking a nice light ranch, or italian. We are are talking balsamic viniagrette!!! On the walls, on his hat, on all of our clothes, on Ava's measuring tape, on PJ's face, and in my hair. It was at this point I new I had to make a choice. Let it ruin our nice dinner, or just laugh at the ridiculousness of it. What happened to the girl I used to be I don't know (she would totally have let it ruin her night) but I burst out laughing. I think the room was waiting for someone to either laugh or say something. I was the first to make the choice. And thankfully everyone else followed my choice. In the end, it was a pain, as I had to clean the floors again, wash the walls, immediately do some laundry (if there was any hope of getting the balsamic out of the white parts of our clothes and the table cloth). But with my kickin' washing machine, all turned out well in the end. Just be sure you tighten those lids people.

No comments: