30 April, 2007

Another unwell chicken

Last night, or should I say this morning at 3 a.m., Ava came in and announced that she had thrown up in her bed. Dad stripped the bed and grabbed Baby Hop, who was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time, and tossed it all into the washer. Ava climbed into bed on my side so if she needed to get up and take care of any more, she would be close. The poor girl got up about every half hour till 5:30, then only one more time did she lose it. I am trying to get her to drink water, but not too quickly. I made her some orange jello I found in the pantry, and tried to get her to eat the bagel she has been begging me for for the last 24 hours. Nothing. She's had some O's, and has kept everything down since about 8 this morning. She says she has no abdominal pain, and she has no fever, so I am watching her and hopefully it was just a 24 hour bug of some sort that (Please God) James won't get. Her spirits are up and we have stayed on the couch or playing low key kitchen stuff in her room with James. She wants to go to school tomorrow, and I told her we would see. I think she will be fine. Please keep fingers crossed for a smooth night for her tonight!

No comments: