20 April, 2007

Stamina, or The Strong Willed Child Pt. 2


Ok, so part of James' eating deal is that he will refuse regular foods and in order to get something in his tummy I will feed him O's, Ritz crackers, or some other snacky thing. The Dr. said he is a smart fella and has started eschewing the regular food in order to get the fun stuff and I need to put a stop to it toot sweet if I want him to ever eat real food. (maybe a slight exaggeration...) So this afternoon I put food he has traditionally done well with on his tray along with some peaches for sweetness (my boy has his mom's sweet tooth) and his response to me was unequivicable wailing and shrieking. Then he kept looking at the O's box on the table, and I told him that if he ate the small amount on his tray I would give him some o's. Nothing. So I removed the box from the table and put it into the kitchen where he could not see it. The wailing and shrieking (his version of shock and awe) became even louder. He turned it up to 11! So I told him I was going to hold my ground. He quickly grabbed as much as his little fist would hold and tried to throw it down to the waiting, lurking canines, but I redirected it to his mouth (which was open due to said wailing and shrieking). After about 15 minutes of this we got through the amount I told him we had to, and then I followed through with the O's. Give me strength because we have Strong Willed Child No. 2 on our hands. Why couldn't he be Bend to Mom's Will Child No. 1 ?

On another note, the Sickness has infected Chez Thuringer. Ava and James both have it. Ava's doing better with it than James. I am wanting to keep her as well as humanly possible as she has a field trip to Pizza Hut with her school next Wednesday and the world would truly seriously end a little bit if she missed that. Because she gets to ride a schoolbus!!!!! The dr's office said that during their exam both kids had clear ears and lungs, so to treat it with the usual, vicks on the chest, bulb aspirator, and humidifiers. And watch for fevers, which if they exist are super low grade. Ava does not have to deal with the sucker any more as she is a super big girl and blows her nose all on her own. But James is another story. And that is why I thought he understood me and would be reasonable with the whole lunch thing: we had reached and understanding regarding the sucker! I would tell him prior to using it what I was going to do, and I was not overly exuberant in my use of it. If the first suck or two yielded no results, I told him so and moved on to the next nostril. Yesterday he was quiet while we did this, and this morning too! And lest you say that perhaps he was weak with the Sickness, be informed that said child was crawling like a maniac prior to both instances and has not lost any for screaming. Oh, the joys!

In the disappointing part, the weather is super beautiful here, and I must keep kids indoors. But hopefully the Wellness will come to our house soon. PJ is taking advantage of the beautiful weather and GOLFING! He planned this day last week and the lucky dog got perfect golfing weather. He deserves it. He's been working really hard.

Finally, we have commited to becoming members of St. Peters Lutheran Church, where Ava goes to preschool. Even tho I still have to go thru Confirmation, the Pastor agreed we should be welcomed during the New Member Ceremony part of this Sunday's service. I wonder, will we get a jacket? haha.

That's all for now. Wish us good health, and we'll be back next week.

Love to all.

No comments: