30 April, 2007

The Throwing of the Steves



So James will become fussy at about naptime, which in the a.m. is between 9 and 9:30, and in the afternoon between 1 and 2 p.m. I will take him upstairs, change his pants, and tell him he is going down for his nap. Lately, as tired as he usually is, he manages the energy for a protest. Fussing, crying, gnashing of teeth, thrashing about. I gently place him in his crib and reassure him of my love for him and the time limit on naps, and take my leave. Fast. In protest to that, he at some point throws out any Steves he has in bed with him. When he is really cross, he'll throw the whole lot out. Saturday p.m. was one of these days. After the usual, he vocally protested for a long while. I debated going in to check status of pants and Steves, as usually someone going in exacerbates the situation. So I stayed clear. At 5 o'clock, I went to get him up. I was not quiet on my way upstairs, and was not quiet opening his stuck door. He was sleeping super hard, so I figured, if I am going to wake him up anyway, why not capture the moment for posterity? Went into the other room, got camera, set it on the total wrong setting and took like 3 or 4 pics like that, realized I am a dork and fixed the camera settings, and took a few more. There was not a stir. He was sleeping so peacefully, it really was a beautiful sight. Here is the evidence that our little monster can be an angel too!

No comments: