25 April, 2007

Pizza Hut Field Trip


We dropped Ava off at school this very cold and rainy morning looking forward to her big adventure! I didn't stay to take a picture of her getting on the bus as it was super windy and cold and rainy, and I did not want the little munki to be out in it. We are relying on Ava's testimony here today to tell us how things went, and so far it's been sketchy. I've asked a bunch of questions, and she is avoiding them and telling me she'll never tell. But here's what I have so far:

The kids broke up into smaller groups (there were 31 kids in all) led by volunteer moms. Ava was in Cooper's mom's group, and from what I understand, it was just Ava and Cooper. She said they got onto the bus in single file, and Cooper sat by the window on the way there, and Ava sat by the window on the way back to school. Gavin was not in their group, however he sat between Ava and Cooper on the way to and from. When they got to Pizza Hut, they began making pizzas right away. The crusts were already made, and Ava made hers with no sauce, cheese ("52 gallons"), and pineapple. (Cooper made his with sauce cheese and pepperoni). There were cups with soda pre-poured, and Ava had "light soda" with her pizza. After the pizzas were consumed, the kids piled back onto the school bus and headed back to school. Once back at the school, the kids played in the classroom, and Ava played airport till I came and got her. We took a quick snapshot of the schoolbus on our way out of the parking lot. (I am trying to get more details but I am getting an impatient "Come on, Mom. That's it! That's all that happened! That's the whole field trip!")

Also, last night was "Silly Safari" where "they" (people of undetermined origin) brought animals for a kind of show and tell for the kids. PJ took Ava, and she saw an owl, a python, a tarantula, and a bunch of bugs. Ava touched the snake and reports that it felt wiggly and squishy.

I am no longer able to report, folks, as my source has just informed me, "Mommy, I don't like talking this much." Huh?????

Not sure what's next for our metriculating chicken, but could it beat the last couple of days? Probably not for a while.

See y'all soon.

No comments: