14 January, 2009

Random Thoughts Retrieving Ava from School 10:30 a.m. Wednesday

Why is the new pet store keeping such lame hours?
Will I be able to get out of this parking lot?
Is this a lane?
Why the heck did they not call a snow day?
Is this thing on my arm the flesh eating disease?
Why am I moving sideways?
Am I going to hit that telephone pole?
I cannot see a thing.
I really hate this.
Why didn't they call a snow day?
Really!
What are you doing, lady?
YIKES!
Breathe...breathe...breathe...
We'll be home in 45 minutes. Just get through it.
Why is that car in the ditch? How is he going to get out?
Holy cow that guy is totally fishtailing in front of me on the ice.
Slow, slow.
Am I going to end up in the ditch with one child in the car and have to hoof it the rest of the way to the school on the road that has no sidewalk parallel to it in conditions where pretty much no one can see?
Seriously?
WTF???
Am I going to be able to get into the parking lot?
How much snow are we going to get in the 15 minutes we will be waiting?
Holy cow that guy just about did a 180 trying to get out of the school parking lot!
Snow plows! Thank goodness. Please head east . Please please plow so I don't do a 180.
More salt please.
Why did I not hold out for heated seats?
It is 9 degrees. Nine!!!
BRING OUT THE CHICKENS SO I CAN GO HOME!!!!!
Thank you Mr. Peterson for plowing the exit so I don't necessarily do a 180 or end up in the ditch.
Out safely.
Please just get us home safely.
Is this a lane?
(At this point fear mixes with anger)
I HATE THIS.
WHY DIDN'T THEY CALL A SNOW DAY?
THIS IS STUPID!
THIS IS DANGEROUS!
Whoever is in charge is irresponsible!!!
Is that another accident?
Please get us home safely.
Please keep that car out of my lane.
We're almost there. I read that most accidents occur close to home. Are we in more danger now?
How can the roads be this bad?
Is that a car?
How many more stoplights do I need to worry about stopping at and sliding into other cars and light poles?
Two. No, three.
Hellooo!!!???!!!
Should I take Anthony and try not to slide out into another car?
Forget it, I'll romp the snow on Forest Park.
Just get us home safely.
Did you guys feel that? We totally were fishtailing.
Do you guys really think in these conditions that it's a good idea to park on both sides of the street? I feel like the snow and ice could ping pong me between all your cars.
Almost there.
I really need a drink.
I am not shoveling again. Twice already today.
Ugh.
I hope it gets better before PJ has to head out. We may have to go retrieve him.
Really, I need a drink.
I am never leaving the house again.
I don't know how the Ingalls' did it.

3 comments:

just jen said...

whew! I need a drink! i don't think the Ingalls bothered. Pa likely couldn't get the mule unstuck from the floor of the barn so he could harness her up and plow the way OUT of the barn. so they stayed home and helped Ma darn the socks and peel the potatoes.

Wild Wild West Drive said...

That totally reminds me I have socks to darn!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your randomness Ang. It's priceless. ~ Bets