04 March, 2008

That's All for Tonight Folks

It's 9:30, and I am tired. It's 16* wind chill outside, and there is a combination of snow/freezing rain coming down. This may impede Ava's field trip tomorrow, but if there's a delay or snow day (we are looking at 4-6") they will merely postpone till next week. I am going to go downstairs and try to finish my book about Raymond Chandler and his wife Cissy living in nearly 3 dozen places in L.A. I am at the part where he teaches himself to write by reading pulp novels. It's quite interesting- that he took something that had very little credibility and turned for himself into something not only credible but much admired. I have to get through that because on deck I have the Free Lunch book about the reason regular folks are paying so much (hint: huuuuge tax breaks given to corporations-No!!!), the Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters and I know there are some recipes in there that have to come to fruition, and lastly My Lobotomy (which came to my knowledge by the Phoenix Public Library newsletter received by Didi while on vacation) which chronicles the challenges of a young rebellious boy whose parents don't care to deal with so they let a doctor perform an icepick lobotomy, then rid themselves of him altogether after that doesn't work out quite so well. He founders, becomes quite depressed, and drinks quite heavily, and while coming back from rock bottom decides to find out more about his past, and the lobotomy, and even reconciles briefly with his father. I know, I know, why do I need to read it you ask after that synopsis. Really? You have to ask? It's all in the details. Besides, it is TUESDAY and you know I need to go find out how my main man Mr. Obama is faring in Ohio and Texas. It's my understanding they have called him for Vermont. Not sure about Rhode Island. MSNBC says that McCain has clinched the republican delegates needed and Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Norris will be conceding shortly. That is no big surprise! So off to Chris Matthews and maybe the Weather Channel. Will post more VERY soon. Especially if tomorrow is a snow day!

No comments: