11 January, 2008

Sideways


Since James was roughly 7 months old, he has had the crib he sleeps in now. (The old one broke during the move to Ft. Wayne). When putting him down to bed, we would place him lengthwise into the crib, and in the morning we would find him tucked into the corner curled up like a little wombat. Now that he is almost 2 yrs old, we find him in the same position. I wonder if he has it figured out that he can lay another way and not have to fit his feet through the slats. It's like that Dr. Seuss book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish:
Who am I? My name is Ned. I do not like my little bed. 
This is no good. This is not right. My feet stick out of bed all night.
And when I pull them in, Oh, dear! My head sticks out of bed up here!



Also his new thing is to fall down and pretend he is asleep when we go to get him.
He will holler at us till we retrieve him, but as soon as we open his door, he drops and plays
possum. Quite the little trickster.

No comments: