25 January, 2008

Mothers Little Helper(s)



Today at Chez Thuringer we are doing a little laundry. James is very enamored of the washing machine, which causes Ava to get very upset that she isn't helping. (She never was interested until James was, of course.) I have tried putting James in charge of the washer and Ava in charge of the dryer (she can reach the "on" button) but that is not good enough for our girl. James doesn't care that she stops and pitches a fit that he is putting all the clothes from the basket into the washer, he just pushes on, and with each article of clothing, identifies the owner. My pajamas, "Mommy!", P.J.'s t-shirt, "Dada!" but with his own stuff he won't say "James" or "mine!". He enjoys all the buttons and knobs on the washer and is getting to the point where he lets me tell him what to push and I let him do it. He has a blast. Ava puts the soap in (she can reach) and I have her help me sort socks. It takes a while longer to do the laundry but turns it into fun for the whole family!

No comments: