29 October, 2008

Random music inspired memory #4,627,891


Moline, Illinois, 1989. Parking lot of the Chevy dealer by Southpark Mall (where I had just gotten off work at Musicland). Waiting at the Service Department for the last of the paperwork on my new ride which had just been detailed. Not caring if there was a full size spare in the back or gas in the tank, I cranked the radio, on 97.9, playing Red Rider. I tested the speakers at that moment and they didn't fail me. A little while ago I was sewing James' cape and Lunatic Fringe came on the ipod and transported me back. Thought I'd share, as I've been a little mia here, suffering from pre-election jitters. On the upside, we have found a lovely job in Canada just over the border from Maine should that become necessary.
I'll be back with Halloween photos in the next couple of days. I have to go now and turn off Roberta Flack and go check the Suns score. (Yippee! We never get Suns games out here- maybe once or twice a year. PJ is in seventh heaven, esp. when I told him we didn't have to watch Obama as he already has my vote, literally.)

2 comments:

just jen said...

i love those voyages through time. i count on them, actually. it's like free antidepresants. and TOTALLY assures me that i'm not falling subject to alzheimer's.

you're a FAR nicer wife than I am. I said, "UH-UH!" to husband watching the World Series on the "big TV" w/TiVo...and then spent the entire time running after kids and screaming at them to stop slopping mud all over the damn floor. but husband stayed in the room, with the little TV...God I got lucky. ;)

Can't wait to see Halloween pictures!

elizabeth said...

This reminds me of the time I played hookie (w/mom who didn't want to hear it), and you test drove a car in Moline w/your friends (lil sis in toe). We lost the hubcap on the off ramp and stopped to find it in the grass. Also the time when I went w/you to tell guy you ran into his car just after you got "after groundation" ride, within the same apt complex parking lot. I was just as viable to you as you were to me! Music Land! I went w/mom so many times to South Park Mall to get you. That was the first time I ever got the wind knocked out of me when you hit me in the parking lot! Ahhh memories! Punk rock prom date I showed your kid undie photo to. Opening xmas prezies together early only to realize over time it was the best year ever and worst to look...Love you and miss you!