17 December, 2007

Death by Magic Jewel

This morning our teenager, I mean Ava, was angry (what else is new?) that I was not altogether interested in going outside to play in the 18 degree weather. She screamed at me until I suggested she go to her room to calm down, and when she felt better she could return to play in James' room. Mere moments later, she came in brandishing a golden jewel and commanded: "By order of the Magic Jewel you will be KILLED!". I was not alarmed as the jewel had previously shown no signs of having magic powers. Disappointed, she turned and stormed back across the hall. Within 15 minutes or so we were all playing quite happily and I am sure she was glad that I was not dead.

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

I LOVE this post - it reminds me of all of the horribly emotional crap I pulled on my parents at that age. What patience you have!