16 December, 2007

And that's all there is, there isn't any more

So now I am caught up. And not much skipping over either. Really not any. Will try to be better about consistency for a while. Speaking of consistency, I made Grams fudge this year. Two batches. Neither one turned out as thick as I would have liked. I needed to keep it in the refrigerator. But one thing I DID make that turned out how I wanted was strawberry gelato. It was great! I got a book from the library with a bunch of super yummy ice cream recipes, and since the little Scott's up the street didn't have the kind of cream I needed, I opted to purchase frozen strawberries instead and make the gelato. I threw a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in at the end with the vanilla, but once frozen you couldn't really taste it. But it was heavenly. Again, a little more difficult to make than I had anticipated, but I think that's because it was my first time. There were recipes in that book I never imagined- like Key Lime Ice Cream (SUPER easy with sweetened condensed milk), Guiness Ice Cream (really?!) and Oatmeal Ice Cream with a recipe for baked apples (with butter and brown sugar in the middle) on the side. You know I am making that one. All of those, actually, and many more. Thank you Debbie for leaving your ice cream maker here! I promise to have super delicious ice cream in the flavors of your choice waiting next time you visit!!!

No comments: