30 November, 2008

Winter Wonderland



Welcome to our view as we left for the grocery around 10 a.m.! PJ drove, and as we pulled out onto Anthony we swerved about 90 degrees one way, then back and another 90 degrees the other way. It was fun/scary. By the time we left the store, a lot of it was melted, and we saw one salt/plow truck. We're supposed to get some more tonight, so the kids might be out of school. PJ took them out to play this afternoon and they made the first snowmen of the year, with the inch and a half of snow that was on the ground. They had fun. And of course, there was cocoa. For all my Arizona peeps, this beauty is dedicated to you and the hope you are warm where you are!

2 comments:

just jen said...

all i can say is....burrrrrrrrrr. pass the hot cocoa! that satelite kills me. i don't know why...it just does. a dish of snow.

Wild Wild West Drive said...

Dude, that satellite dish was almost a deal breaker on this house. If it were not practically perfect in almost every other way, I would have walked away. That thing gives me agita on a weekly basis. It is my view out the kitchen window. The house and lot were for sale, now currently in foreclosure. Our dream of winning the Publishers Clearinghouse / Lottery and buying it and tearing it down, satellite dish and all, and moving our garage over to that lot and having a honking big yard for a city lot is one not likely to come true, but it does help me through occasionally when I am trying to daydream while doing dishes and I get distracted by that eyesore.