04 November, 2008

Autumn





It's currently in the mid 70's here in northeast Indiana- almost 20 degrees above normal for this time of year. I truly cannot believe it's November! We were walking the dogs after school today and I decided to document the fall before it leaves us (pun intended) as Friday we are looking at mid 50's and Saturday mid 40's. So we will be spending as much time outside as possible for the next few days at least for sure- even if it means another round of raking, although I think we might succumb to the midwestern obsession- the blower. Ours is electric, so it's greenish, but not as green as the raking. I probably will get out the rake again, since as of last week I've been asked by two different neighbors if I've lost weight. (Barely got the ego thru the door on the way home, I can tell you :-)) We're walking to the meat market and library (braving voters at the library- if the cookbook weren't so anticipated I would wait, but I need something to get me through the night 'till results are in, so we'll forge ahead). Of course with the added benefit of feeling the warm sun on us. I so love this neighborhood and it's walkability. Two Saturdays ago I walked to 1) the tailor, on Anthony / Crescent behind the fire station, 2) the dollar store on Anthony 3) the meat market on Anthony 4) the library 5) the tailor on State (they were closed) 6) the PIO meat market on State and 7) home. It was a brisk day and I had the ipod to keep me company. It was awesome. Anyway, here's some autumn eye candy for my AZ peeps. You might be tempted to be jealous, but remember, we have SNOW in the winter.

2 comments:

just jen said...

aahhhhhh....colors! makes me think of scarves and knitted caps. denim jeans and loafers. and fitted blazers. i hear laughter in those leaves. the bubbly sort of whooping laughter of children getting the last few drops of golden sun goodness before the eve's first frost. distant jealous barking of dogs eager for fetch. i can almost smell the air...almost.

just jen said...

i had to lift one of your photos. well, "had" to is sort of a lie. wanted to. no kids in it. no address. or personal stuff that would otherwise compromise your identity. sort of a tribute, if you will. ;)