17 November, 2008

Weather Update II


Winter Coats? Check.
Hats? Check.
Gloves/Mittens? Check.
Snowpants? One down, one to go.
Snow Boots? Check. (Ava got a pair of Lands End boots on sale at Sears this weekend that beat out Target and JC Penney's on price- yes, we are total midwesterners. The only thing more midwestern is if we would have shopped at Tractor Supply Co. Damn! I can't believe I didn't think of that- I loooove that store!)
Good thing we are pretty much ready, because it is SNOWING !!!!!!!!
The greens and golds and reds that were on the last set of pictures has been replaced by browns. Most of the trees have shed the majority of leaves, and the skies are pretty gray. Winter is setting in. I am in total hibernation mode, too. We did church on Saturday so we could have a lazy Sunday morning, and it was bliss. We spent all morning in our pajamas, and the only reason we left the house was to walk the alley to the Satters for dinner. On our way home, we saw the first flurries of the year. The picture is snow on the roof of the addition that is our bedroom, taken from the rear window in James' room. It's coming down now, pretty much has been flurries all day, but not cold enough to stick, thank goodness.
I spoke to Jason today. We aren't going to Chicago for Thanksgiving as they are going to Michigan to be with Matt's family instead of Matt's family coming down. I am not heartbroken, but disappointed a little. I really enjoy going to visit and the holiday was a good excuse- we will just have to make it a priority without needing an excuse. Poor Ava will be heartbroken- she left her doll there last year and has really been looking forward to getting her back. (Mailing her back is not an option- you do not send babies through the mail, y'all!) I'll have some 'splaining to do, but maybe we could do a quick Saturday turnaround. Could always hit Trader Joes while we're in the city, and we are out of two buck Chuck...
I am currently avoiding housecleaning. I did the floors and upstairs bath, along with major dusting (even furniture polish!) and think I have exhausted myself for the day. The Northside Neighborhood Association meeting is tonight at 7 p.m. I think I will go to get the haps on the 'hood. PJ is going to go to the one our City Councilperson Karen Goldner holds on Wednesday. I'll take notes and let you guys know of any critical neighborhood updates. The last one I went to was interesting, so you never know. I'm off for a cup of tea. Peace out!

1 comment:

just jen said...

buuuuurrrrr! chilly mornings must be tough when trying to lure the chickens from cozy warm beds to the breakfast table and then out the door. is it hot cocoa or spiced cider for the gang? oooh, spiced cider with a little caramel and some whipped cream. delish! i laughed OUT LOUD at "you do not send babies through the mail, y'all!" omg. that is funny.