14 November, 2008

Getting it Together

Where am I? I am not quite sure. Decompressing after the election, that's for sure. Slowly finding my way back towards normal. Still following some of my fave blogs, but the list has shortened quite a bit as the house and children demand my attention. There is so much to keep track of. Keeping track of Ava's school events is almost a full time position. Cookies to be made and brought on a certain day, Family Advent Night, when library books are due, when she has p.e. (so I can make sure she wears pants not skirts), when chapel is so I can make sure she has money, Friends and Family Day is coming up, etc. Then I have been going to the gym (twice this week, thank you very much!) and James and I have the little class at the community center on Thursdays. Menus don't make themselves, groceries don't magically appear, and the housework still demands to be addressed. And now they are saying we will get snow this weekend! My friend Laurie just called and we were talking about the weather and she instructed me to get out and get the kids' boots NOW because once the snow hits we will wish we had. (Add to the weekend to-do list, I guess). Taking inventory of outerwear- does everyone have a coat that fits? Mittens? Hats? Snowpants? What about footed pajamas? Oy. I am ready to hibernate, but it seems I have a few things to get ready before hibernating. So this is where I am. A little all over the place. I have to go get out the notebook and begin listmania. Time's a wastin' and I don't have it to waste. I'll be here, and when I'm back I'll have a little more of my head about me, I hope.
I get an emial from Garrison Keillor every day with a poem and some other stuff- about writers, things that happened on such a date in history. This poem came the other day and I can't get it out of my mind. I can't repost as I am sure it is copyright infringement, but please go here and read this beautiful poem. I am thrilled this book is at our local library. I am in love with her poetry found on poetryfoundation.org and for me she ranks up there with my current fave Ted Kooser. He makes me think of what might have been if my father hadn't passed in 1985- would he have written as he once aspired to? Beautiful representation of the midwest and regular people.

No comments: