06 November, 2008

Hail to the Chief (of Staff, that is)


I am so excited. Rahm Emmanuel is a secret crush. I've blogged about him. I saved the Vanity Fair article he's in. Some of the blogs I've read are screeching about this choice- "I thought he was going to be bipartisan" (insert snarky voice) kind of thing, but here's what I have to say. Yes, this man has a reputation. For many things, and only those that know him know fact from fiction. But there's one thing most seem to agree upon; this man calls bull when he sees / hears it. Obama doesn't need a yes man. He needs intelligent men who tell him the truth. (If only Bush had had one. sigh) I also happen to think he's a handsome fella, and I look forward to following him in the news. I think this is a great appointment, one that will help President-Elect Obama towards success.
(
(photo credit abc news)

2 comments:

just jen said...

if this is as controversial as his appointments get,then it's gonna be a dull time for Fox and Fiends. AND love that he has three kiddos. can you just see the White House?! full of Obama girls, Biden grandkids, Emmanuel's kids. sleepovers in the Map Room! Wi-offs in the Blue Room. I can't wait. And you know what? his staff is pretty diverse. Biden: Catholic. Emmanuel: Jewish. Obama: Christian. Looks pretty good to me....I heard them talking on Diane Rehm (yes, NPR and I are back together) saying that Rahm is just the guy Barack needs to work against his cool and calm persona. The guy to smack some backsides into work. Sort of like Leo McGarry (sp) of the West Wing. A good president needs a "bad cop".

PS: Please excuse sloppy comments with no form or functioning sentences. I'm mentally fatigued. It's been a long election rant.

just jen said...

okay...where are you?! am i going to have to wait until Emmanuel does something else equally grand before i hear from you again? ;) fine! :::drumming fingers on table::: i'll wait...