13 May, 2008

Peep!*

Nothing new around here. I threw my back out (old old old) hoisting Fred into the car. Don't ask. We did not make it to Dog School last night due to my extreme injury. I believe in the power of our chiropractor Dr. Nill who helped a lot more than if I would have just thrown on some Tiger Balm (hello, you cannot get this at Target?) and called it a night. Thank goodness I did phone PJ and he jumped into action. I was prepared to moan in agony for several hours straight. Instead I went to Dr. Nill, came home, got Balmed, took Advil, and laid on the heating pad for the remainder of the night. So nice. Am feeling much better.
The kids are doing great. The camera is in the kitchen and I don't know that I have any photos on it anyway to upload, but I cannot go down there now because I don't know how I will react to the dogs who are doing their best to protect our home by barking at EVERY FREAKING LIVING THING outside including squirrels, robins, and rabbits. And maybe even insects. And if they wake the kids, I do not know if I will be responsible for my actions. And just so you know, people loooove to walk down our street. We have even run into people who do not live in the area but drive in to walk the neighborhood. (Yeah, our 'hood is cool like that!)
Tomorrow night is PJs playoff game. It's at 6 p.m. so I think we will all go. The kids really like it. And I even got to see him score a goal a couple of games ago! It's hard while watching the kids, but I try.
Before I sign off for the night, I will 1) promise to be more diligent about posting, 2) lament that there is NO ice cream in our house right now and let me tell you about the chocolate syrup with cinnamon in it that one finds in the mexican section of the supermarket called Abuelita or something like that it is so great on plain old vanilla! and 3) go on and on (okay maybe just on) about braised leeks. Seriously so incredibly yum. Much better than anticipated.
* The "peep" of the title refers to James' latest word. It is actually Pink. But it might stay Peep always. Like Ava's more is still somehow "bun" and perhaps we will always call her "Abba" as James does.

No comments: