16 May, 2008

Naps Not Required


But still stealthily taken. I am upstairs in the office/guest room paying bills, and although I expected her to be quiet, (we walked up to the library and she got a bunch of books) she was being very quiet, so I went to check and found her like this. I knew she needed it, so it's good she's getting a power nap. I went to bed last night about 10:30 after cuddling with her and helping her recover from a bad dream. She was sobbing but some cuddle time brought about a better mood and the possibility for sweet dreams. She was up early this morning, which surprised me, but I knew better than to push the nap as that will set such a big girl into a mood!
This coming week is her last in the school year. She rounded last week out with a field trip to Solomon Farm, and yesterday her class went bowling. She had a good time. I asked her if she wanted to go again with us, and she seemed pretty excited about it. Good rainy day activity.
Speaking of rainy days, we caught a break today but are expecting more this weekend and into the beginning of next week. This weekend we wanted to get the playset up, but there's not much one (and by one I mean PJ of course!) can do if it's raining. We'll see how bad it will be. If it does rain, maybe we can catch a break next weekend. Of course, the last weekend this month we'll be in South Bend with PJ doing the Sunburst race!
Off I go- there are more bills to pay and a young boy beginning to stir. But before I go I'll post some pictures of the new and improved front landscaping!

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

I think naps should be required.