28 August, 2007

Welcome New Countertops!





So we are one step closer to being done with the kitchen counter top debacle. Yesterday I received a call from the countertop guy who said they were in and could install Tuesday or Thursday, or after that into next week. So I said "GO! Now!". And Pijay yet again cautiously disassembled beneath the sink, and we removed as much from the kitchen as possible. (To be fair I did not empty all the lower cabinets which will make more work for me in the long run, but truly I could not do it). The guys came at 9 this morning and we hustled up and finished breakfast and went upstairs. In a couple of hours we miraculously had a new countertop and sink! The installer said that he was surprised at the state of the Richlite, that it looked as bad as it did. I told him I felt awful about the whole thing, and that I really was pretty careful with it yet it looked like it was in a warzone. The new sink will take some getting use to, but in a good way- it's a single bowl instead of 2. It looks good, just different. The color is lighter which I think ends up making the kitchen look a little bit bigger, and there is some texture to them so that will help offset any wear. They are really pretty. I still feel bad about what happened, but only for us and the counter guy. I think Richlite was in the wrong for sure. And I think I am not the only one who feels that way. But we are moving forward now, with our new pretty countertops. Next stop: tile backsplash!!!

No comments: