22 August, 2007

Elevator


Apparently, the boy does not like the elevator. We went to the library to pick up a book on Rain Gardens, (Dave is clearing out the back where the IVY originates, or at least some of it :-( , and we are going to naturally help the drainage along) and as I had him strapped into the umbrella stroller I was not going to hoist him up the 2 flights of stairs. So Ava helpfully pushed all necessary buttons, and up we went. When we were almost there, he had a very sad look on his face and was totally crying. I wasn't sure if it was because he didn't want to be in the stroller, but found out on the way back down it was definitely the elevator. Which was really too bad, because after the library we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to find a toaster oven, and while there we found Dad's fave. Red VINES!!! So we stopped at his office to drop them off. He was not there so we left them with a note from his secret admirers, and hopped back into the box for the ride down 8 floors. He was scared, I think, which is very strange, as he has never behaved like this before. We tried to make it a fun game, and distract him, but ultimately failed. He was quite upset. But recovered pretty quickly for which I am thankful.
In other news, due to a slight mold issue on the shower curtain, we have with heavy hearts doled out money for a vinyl liner. Not so green, I know, but it's mold, y'all! So yesterday I was in the shower, and it is soooo sad, I am a true child of the seventies. The smell of the liner takes me back to 1975, and Barbie's special pool set that I had at the lake. Seriously. Barbie is one spoiled B*&#C to have a pool set when there is a LAKE in her front yard! But I digress. In 1975, that pool set was like my glue. I loved the smell and could not get enough. (Before you say, "Eww, what a wierdo", please know it gets weirder with smells. Like rubber stamps that smell like Band Aids, rubbing alcohol, and the tiger balm I could not stop sticking my nose in when preggers with the munki). So I reminisced in the shower yesterday thinking of Babs and her lovely pool, while the shower curtain liner quietly offgassed.
In breaking news, currently there is a wild animal in my daughters room. Baby Hop is MIA and there will be no napping without her. Lord help me I got very little sleep last night (poor PJ got much less) and I want a nap. Oh well. I am going to go try to find that blasted rabbit and not get cranky(ier) with Aves. Be well!

No comments: