14 August, 2007

Birdie Thuringer




Over the weekend, PJ looked at me on twice and asked when he could golf. Like he was waiting for me to say, "Go NOW! Play 36!!". But he asked at 4:30 and 5 p.m. respectively, and instead I said "What about dinner? And baths!". He wanted to take Ava to play 9 holes, which I was all about, but the timing was all wrong. So I suggested that they go Monday. I would have dinner ready as close to 5:30 as I could, and they could eat quick and go. I made Chicken Kiev (I happened upon the recipe and happened to have plain yogurt AND fresh chives already- crazy!) and made the beans we got in the csa bag. Then they were off. Ava is still a little young to go as the people golfing behind PJ had to tell him not to swing a couple of times as she wanted to be close to him and doesn't truly understand about the club colliding with her head. But all in all they had a great time. She was practicing in the yard earlier in the day while I was weeding and was excited to show Dad her new skillz. We'll see if she shows continued interest in this. Then Birdie would be a totally appropriate nickname!

No comments: