06 August, 2007

No signs

We sat in our booster seat this morning despondent and thrashing about while I pleaded with him to show me either "out" or "please" or "Mommy". Nothing doing. We learned a new word, Ava and I, and decided that we would keep practicing, and hopefully he would pick it up eventually. Daddy is helping the church with a Habitat house today, with a game of golf later (where he will use his new 3 iron hybrid). It's just sad that it's 93 degrees today with about 150,968% humidity. Hopefully they will survive.
Nothing else new here. We are VERY angry (when I say we I mean Ava causing me to become). I am trying to figure out what the heck to do about it. She is sharing very well lately, and getting rewarded for it which is a bright spot for us.
We have new cucumbers ready to come out of the garden, and tomatoes galore that are almost ready. We got some corn in the csa bag, and I am trying to decide if I am going to make the corn salad or have PJ grill it in the husk. With him being gone tonight I think I may just go for the salad if I have the ingredients. Too bad there are not any little tomatoes ready to come off and go into the salad! If we get that dogwood tree transplanted we can expand the garden and plant some green onions and watermelon next year.
I have to figure out (this week I think) about when we are going to the farm, and Dick will be coming around the 25th or so (so I will be freaking out trying to get the house ready) and in less than a month Didi and Papa will be here. We are looking for some fun things to do, day trips to show them the area. There is a nature preserve here in town that has a good accessible trail we can take the stroller on so we will do that one morning, and maybe do a picnic lunch after, and I think we want to go to Amishville (aka Shipshewanna) and do some exploring. Also heard the new Elkhart farmers market is amazing, so that might occur too. And PJ instructed me to allow for him and Tom to golf like 6 or 7 times. So we will be pretty busy around here for the next while.
The new countertops should be in in the next 2-3 weeks, and I found a tile outlet store but they were closed when I went Saturday (!!!), so will have no choice but to take the Darling Angels and pray that they remain calm and still and quiet while I try to decide on a backsplash. Yikes.
Now I am just rambling and must go feed my children. Take care!

No comments: