18 May, 2007

No new news

Sorry for the dearth of blogging, folks, but really not much has been going on here. I have been a slave to the tv the last week or so watching the season finales of my favorite shows, and the weather has been good so we have been outside some. Other than that we have had relatively slow news days here.
I got myself another cold. The first day was tired and muggy and achy, as well as stuffy and coughing. I decided it wasn't allergies with the achy ant took some dayquil. Day 2 had the aches gone, and now I am still stuffy and coughing, mostly due to a persistent tickle in my throat. PJ was upset that I am sick (again) and I told him I overheard a mom at Ava's school talking about her kids having flu. I know that these little chickens can be "carriers" and I told him unfortunately when we take them out into the world, sometimes the sickness is a part of it. She brought home a nice cold from the Y a few months ago. Its just a part of building up all of our immune systems, and if I get it worse than the kids then WAHOO because as little fun as it is to not feel good, its super no fun for chickens. Now Mucinex is my new friend and hopefully he will treat me right.
Last Friday we went to the zoo with Ava's preschool- all the kids from the preschool were there. It was a zoo, literally and figuratively. One of the moms lost her little girl right before we left. I ran into her, she asked me if I had seen her (she was at the drinking fountain, turned around and the little one was gone) and I said no. We split up and looked in a couple of nearby places and I ran into Ava's teacher and asked her if she'd seen her. She said no and immediately went to the front office where the little girl was waiting. Apparently zoo personnel had seen her unattended, and took her to wait for her mom. DRAMA! How scary how fast this can happen. I was never and advocate for the child leash, but...
Pretty soon after that James started to melt down. He had been without his morning nap, after all. Unfortunately while I remembered juice and snacks and sunscreen, I forgot the camera so there are no pics to share of the zoo today. We saw quite a lot but missed the Africa exhibit, which I understand is big and amazing. The cool thing about that zoo is that you can go and do sections. You don't feel like you have to do the whole thing at once. You can go and see the rainforest, or Australia, or ride the carousel, or see Africa, or go look at the monkeys or the really big komodo dragon. Anything. And they have a fountain the chickens can run thru during the warm weather to cool them off, like Didi used to do with Ava at the Phx zoo.
Speaking of Ava, I told her this morning while she was getting dressed (for the 3rd time- more on that later) that I am going to start calling her Dot for all the bruises she has on her legs that look like polka dots. She wasn't sure what to make of that.
Ava is asserting her independence in a new way now which is getting dressed herself. She will walk downstairs in the morning in an outfit which may or may not be appropriate to the weather, so she may have to change. If not she will reappear throughout the day a couple more times in different outfits. PJ says I need to teach her to fold her clothes and put them away when she is done wearing them for an hour or so, or get her some clothes with buttons to slow her down! Both excellent suggestions. Right now the clothes either lay wadded on the floor or stuffed in her drawer or tossed into the laundry. We will have to work on this.
Other than all that all is well here. We have a fundraiser for Ava's school tonight, a fun carnival, so will go for a little while with the family.
The electricians are here right now working on the basement and also putting an outlet in outside in the front- there's one in the back but when PJ mows the front with the electric mower, we have to plug it in on the inside. That's okay for now, but when Xmas comes we will need somewhere to plug in the lights !!!
Okay I can't think of anything else. PJ's smart green house is done and now theres a bunch of demolition going on at Renaissance Pointe, tearing down the houses that need to come down. I told him if he knows of any specific times I will bring Ava down to see it in action. I think she'll like it.
James is doing well (see next post) and walking around the coffee table or couch (holding on) if there's something on the other end that he wants. He needs motivation. Otherwise he will drop down and crawl or now he holds his arms up for us to pick him up. He spends a lot of the day fussing at me to put him Down and most of the evening fussing at Daddy to pick him Up. Silly monkey!
Hope everyone is good and will try to spice things up here at Chez Thuringer and keep it from being over a week without a post.

No comments: