08 May, 2007

Baby's First Shoes


James got his first pair of proper shoes yesterday. There is a shoe store about 2 miles away that was reccomended to me, and so we went while out and about. I actually went to get him another pair of Robeez but while there the lady said he would do better in the Stride Rites, and the sole on them while sturdier than the robeez was still quite pliable. Ava also needed sandals, and chose some pink Stride Rites that you will see another time. James is unsure what to think of these new shoes. As much as I hate to think of the tops scuffing from his crawling, I am trying to keep him in them to get used to them on his little feet when standing. I try to get him to walk, by standing in front of him and holding his little hands and going backwards and encouraging him to come to me, but he puts his left foot behind his right foot and drops down to the floor as quickly as he can. It seems as though PJ has a little more success in keeping him on his feet longer, but PJ did say as a wee lad he preferred to be carried about and so we are figuring, like father, like son. He's doing better, and occasionally taking a couple of steps here and there while standing up. Like in jail, to get around to the other side of a toy so he has more room when he drops to the ground. If there's a mantra about my son, I think it's "In his own time". It's true with eating, it was true with the crawling, and I am sure in his own time he will be walking!

No comments: