05 June, 2009

Weekend Update Cubed

So here's what's going on 'round these parts:
*Ava's last day of school was Thursday. We went to a Chapel / Closing Ceremony. Most of the 200 kids received an award or three. The kindergarteners only received one award each-Ava's was for excellence in reading. DUH!!! Our girl is on chapter books, yo! I am so pleased to see how much she enjoys reading.
*PJ and his friend Dave traveled overnight last night to see the Supersuckers in Columbus, OH. They had a great time. He got home around lunchtime today, very tired.
* A routine visit was expected for Belly and Lionel yesterday afternoon at the veterinarian. There was nothing routine about it. They didn't have Lionel in their system, although I am super certain the super kitty has been there before. So there was some shuffling around to figure out what was going on there, but we got his rabies shot and all was well. Not so much with the Belly Dancer. I told the good Dr. that she'd been having potty trouble, and when she felt her belly it was declared that she had stones and lots of them. An x-ray was done and sure enough, upon seeing the x-ray I could tell why our poor pooch was having trouble! There were two huge stones and the beginning of her bladder, and the rest was filled with much smaller ones. The Dr. said she could get Belly in for surgery the next day (today) or it could wait till next week. I said I would discuss it with Belly's father and call right away. She said the reason the cause for the stones began with a bladder infection. Since the Belly couldn't tell us something was wrong, we didn't treat it, which led to stones forming. They will send the stones away to a lab to see if they can tell if this is something that will recur or not, and if we will need to put her on a special diet. So the kids and I were up bright and early this morning to take Belly in for her surgery. I tried to take a picture of her but she's like me and doesn't like to have her picture taken. She knew something was going on too because I couldn't get her out from under the bed. But eventually the leash was on and we were out the door. When we got home the boy fed Fred, who was so upset about Belly being gone he didn't eat his breakfast, even though he was locked in our room for over an hour. He's been hangdog all day. Laying in the sun and shade alternately, not even interested in shaking hands which he is usually all over. We just a while ago got a call from the vet who said Belly was doing wonderfully, but due to inflammation she isn't tinkling normally (why didn't I get a spellcheck on tinkling? I did on spellcheck!) yet and she wanted to keep her overnight. She was going in tomorrow a.m. (her day off even!) to check on Belly and we could take her home tomorrow. But the Dr. said she feels all went well and that Belly will do great.
* Tomorrow afternoon there are two gentlemen coming to town and staying with us two nights. I spent my day cleaning the house. PJ did the back yard yesterday before he left, and I did some weeding. Last weekend he filled in the "pond" (now called the raingarden but try breaking that "pond" habit!) and made a makeshift patio for the grill. The stone we put down last year wasn't cutting the mustard. I will post a picture. Soon. I promise. There's an event scheduled Sunday afternoon and we are hosting a reception for said gentlemen Sunday afternoon / evening. Here's the invite. We are hoping for good weather, and right now we are looking at a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Please send your good weather juju. And for those thinking we are insane for offering to host them, please note that none of their previous hosts appear to have been axe-murdered.
*I almost forgot that Wednesday the plumber came and put in two new hose bibs- the weather resistant kind. I'll photo those too. Promise!
So please keep us all in your good thoughts, esp the Belly. And I'll have a lot to say after this weekend!!!

No comments: