24 June, 2009

Itty Bitty Basketball





I posted the link of the photo the pro took-I took a few too. Bless Coach Kate and Coach Benicia-those girls have the patience of saints trying not only to wrangle three year olds but to try to teach them skills. James alternates between standing with his fingers in his mouth and attempting to follow along. His favorite part of class is shooting the ball. He is pretty good unless he's too far from the basket. Today he was being kind of a pill but I participated with him and (I think) that helped. Ava was a champ and played on the adjacent playground while I tried to coerce the boy into cooperation. I learned my lesson well-next time I schedule them it will be at the same time. I should have had her in tennis down the road at the same time I had him in basketball-but this way they get playground time a couple of times a week regardless of whatever else we have going on. Here are a few pics of our little Larry Bird in the making.

No comments: