15 February, 2009

Nature (for reals! no pbs required!)





So PJ is in the kitchen whipping up what promises to be an amazing pizza (will review later) when I hear him somewhere between a growl and a whisper "Honey get over here!" I think he is speaking to Ava so I continue reading the story to James and I hear it again, more urgently; "Honey, grab James and get in here NOW!" So I sweep James up and head into the kitchen, where to our amazement the neighborhood red tail hawk is having dinner in our back yard. We grabbed the camera, hoping against hope to get a picture through the window, and lo and behold among the thirty or so he took PJ got a couple of good shots! So here is our nature. Please note the shovel in the background, this will maybe help with perspective on figuring his size.
EDITED: emailed these to a friend. She thinks it is a Northern Harrier. PJ and I are inclined to agree. She called herself a bird geek. I just call her Smarty.

No comments: