01 June, 2007

Wednesday, or my son Tensing Norgay


So Wednesday was quite the day. All was pretty well till the afternoon when, probably due to Baby Hop's unfortunate disappearance, (she's since been found) Ava did not take a nap. She played somewhat quietly in her room for an hour or so, and I knew that there wasn't much I could do without a small gray rabbit to help me, so I let it be. Meanwhile, while James napped the afternoon away like a little angel, PJ called and said he was interested in going to the gym, and they had childwatch till 8:30, so maybe he could take Ava with him. I advised him on the nap situation, so we decided to watch her behavior and play it by ear.

With the exception of having to remind her every 2 minutes to eat her dinner, she was doing pretty well for not having napped so we agreed she could go with Dad to the gym and I would put James down for the night. Dad and Ava left, and James was roaming free while I cleaned up the dinner dishes. I received a phone call roughly 15 minutes later from PJ saying he had a sleeping chicken in the car (apparently when they got to the gym PJ woke her up and she startled and said "It's ok dad, I am awake. I was just takin' a power nap."). I laughed and said well see how she does, maybe I will see you back here sooner than later. We hang up, and by now I am done with the kitchen, so I call for James, as it is roughly 7:30 or so, and say "Come on James, let's go upstairs for bed. We'll brush your 4 teeth and put on dino jams and read a story to you and Steve... James? James...?" I round the corner from the dining room toward the front entry on my way into the living room calling his name. I don't see him, but I hear him! My heart skips a beat as I pause in the entry and look to my left and see MY SWEET BOY IS HALFWAY UP THE STAIRS LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!!!!!!! I run up to get him and if I hadn't at that moment he would have fallen backwards. He was seriously halfway up! And being a total gigglepuss!

Yes folks, he is my little munki. You all know why. And now my world is changing yet again. Stairs! Aarrgh!

No comments: