08 June, 2007

Bikes




Mommy got a new pretty pink bike! Dad and Ava surprised me with it on when they returned from Ava's first soccer class on Wednesday. I took it for a spin and it is awesome. I even got a "cool bike" comment from a neighbor down the street! I took it out to get a couple of snaps of it and Ava rode her bike around the driveway. She is doing great on it, and although she is still very wary of the bumps on the sidwalk (even the super small ones) I am hoping that as she gets more comfy with the bigger bike she'll be more comfy with the bumps. The last time we went out (she on the bike and me pushing James in the jogger) she got off her bike to push it over ANY bump during the first half, and I practically had to pull her all the way during the second half. Pushing the stroller with my right hand and pulling Ava on her bike with my left hand. Steering was interesting! She also rides what we call the ride-along with Dad, also hoping this will give her some confidence. She does enjoy it, and her bike even has a basket for Baby Hop to ride along in!

No comments: