12 December, 2008

Scenes from the living room, Christmas 2008




I went through the Christmas boxes and put out some decorations. Some are at the Goodwill (kitchy stuff I bought years ago and never really liked) and some are destined (three lighted faux wreaths left in the attic from the previous owner) and one or two things missed the chopping block this year but might not make the final cut next ( a pretty wreath found in the attic from previous owner that am not sure where to place). For some reason I am feeling kind of minimalist. Ava asks me if we can hang the glass ball ornaments from the chandelier in the dining room, but with the advent wreath on the table am not feeling it. The Claus's are out, as is the nativity (also found in the attic, and about which, for some unknown reason I am super happy) as well as the jingle bells on the front door and the mistletoe hanging in the front entryway. It's faux, but if it's an excuse to get some extra sugar, I will take it. Ava has a little faux tree in her room, and James has a couple of little decorations in his too, to spread it around the house. It feels more like Christmas this year I think- last year it didn't so much to me. Maybe it's because there's so much going on at church that I can't deny it. Here's what it looks like around these parts. I hope the Christmas spirit is filling your homes, blessing you all.

1 comment:

just jen said...

what kind of wonderful house do you have where you find holiday decorations?! what's EASTER like?