23 December, 2008

Hey You GUYYYYYYYS!




Yesterday around 5 p.m. the doorbell rang, and before answering I saw an AEP truck in the front. I opened the door to two gentlemen in hard hats (one was Tom's doppleganger!) and was told they were there to put the line back up in the back. I called PJ right away, as he had called Friday then thought better of it since we actually had power and canceled the request. Now our concern was getting the line back up, getting the electrician to re-attach the line to the house (properly this time I hope) and then the ice storm knocking it down and having to pay again. Alas, they said that the line couldn't be down like that, they HAD to put it up. So there they were. They were contractors from out of town- the one that I spoke to (Tom's doppleganger was quiet like Tom!) said he was from Michigan. They had want of nothing-I offered them a restroom, perhaps some coffee, but they declined. The only thing one had need of was a charger for his cell phone as his was at the hotel, but none of the ones in our stash was a match. They had power back on within 20 minutes, and the line is now roped to the old connection (the original one) on the house. We are hoping it sticks.
(The dealings with the electric company made me think of the show- I miss it! And when I found this video, I found myself singing along. You think they have it on dvd somewhere?)

No comments: