11 October, 2007

Verklempt

So just now writing about those beautiful old houses and buildings I got myself a bit sad, but rather than walk away feeling that I will leave you with the feeling I got when leaving John Street this morning. On our way out of the site I saw ANOTHER house that had a sign up showing that the owners were taking advantage of the money the city is offering to make their houses nice. And I don't know if its due to the model homes or the demo of the really ratty houses further down, but I also noticed quite a few nice houses where people show pride of ownership and take care of their homes. I hope these people are happy the city is working hard to revitalize their neighborhood and I hope they feel that it is becoming a better place to live. PJ says I have to stay away from the models or I will want to move down there. He shared with me some of the media they will use to help sell the project, which was a video showing what it will look like as it is completed. It's really awesome. It will be hard to keep me away though, because the City Living Tour is in a couple of weeks and he will be down there working. Don't think we won't be down there too! A move to RP is unlikely, as we really love this area, even though the neighborhood isn't what I had dreamed it would be (we couldn't get the Jensens to move with us!)

No comments: