11 July, 2007

Ground Breaking




PJ Thuringer, Project Manager for Renaissance Pointe, invited his wife and children to attend the groundbreaking ceremony for said project June 27, 2007. We happily did so. Also in attendence were Chris, the developer from Indianapolis that PJ enjoys working with, Mayor Graham Richard, City Councilmen Glynn Hines and Tim Pape, mayoral candidates Tom Henry (D) and scandal ridden Matt Kelty (R). I'll tell you that story on the phone, not over the 'net folks. It's not pretty and lately is involving a Grand Jury. Yikes. Anyhoo, there were plenty of people from the City of Fort Wayne (employees) and the public. The builders were there and I was fortunate enough to meet The Brothers Lancia and the prodigal son who PJ also enjoys working with. Total salt of the earth. PJ also took photos while a few people said a few words, then the mayor got out his trusty shovel and broke that ground. We were in the back of the crowd, so pardon the pics, as I am not a tall woman, but we were swelling with pride at PJ's accomplishments. There are days that I am not sure how on earth they have gotten this far so fast! James decided to let everyone know his thoughts on the matter much to our chagrin as there were no microphones, and the mayor had to compete with our boy, and you know he has some volume! PJ says the models should be started next week, and I will continue posting about that. A special Renaissance Pointe Section of the blog. The project was mentioned in the city council meeting last night (yes we watched the city council meeting on City TV because we are young and vibrant and that's how we roll) and several people are excited about the possibilites, and I am super impatient to see this thing roll out! For now we will have to take what we can get. Good job Peege!

1 comment:

The Aguilars AZ said...

I keep noticing how you all are wearing pants in July and it makes me sick. What the Hhhheck am I still doing in blazing AZ, not to mention still friggin pregnant and due any day. Sounds like all is well. I am not doing so good on my blog, hoping to get better after the baby is born, but that doesn't really make much sense as I will probably have even less time.

Tawney