29 July, 2007

Chairs




When Pauline passed away, Dick asked me if there were any items from her apartment I might want. Included in the request were 2 chairs, velvet seated, caned backed that I remember from forever ago. I beleive there are pictures of me in said chairs as quite a young lass. So it warmed my heart to see James take such an interest in these chairs. He particularly likes the one backing the front window. It's unclear how much of that is due to his desire to stand up on the chair and see what's going on in the outside world. He spends a good deal of his time in the chair, sometimes sitting quietly, sometimes moving around quite a bit and listening to Mom and Dad remind him sternly several times that he needs to sit on his bottom, or an old fave from when Ava was small, "Sit down or Get down!". Ava occasionally tries to get into the chair with him which is usually met with stern rebuffs and occasional smacking. I suggested one chair could be for her and one for him, but Ava likes a challenge. As long as there are no more falling off and landing on his head like a pogo stick (seriously that ruined his whole day) we are good. He's getting a better knack for getting down by himself, so hopefully there will be more good times to come in my (and James') favorite chairs!

No comments: