04 April, 2011

Day Two

So the inspiration's not so prevalent but the allergies sure are! JW up at 3 am because his ear hurt. He finally came to get us just before 5 (seriously, I was sad yet so grateful that he waited!) and after some discussion and negotiation it was decided that PJ would stay home and take him to the Doctor. Chalk up yet one more reason that I love our pediatrician so much; James was in the office an hour after the call was made. The results? Ear infection! Both ears! Due to seasonal allergies! So there are meds and drops, but the call was made that the trip could still occur as it's not that crazy. The drops worked right away and the kid took a 5 hour nap. WOWZERS! He'll only have the drops and antibiotics for the 10 days. The allergy meds for EVAH, or until mid May if memory serves. I hope his work better for him than mine have been working for me. I am Claritin-ing my heart out and there is some relief. I should be grateful. While I am stuffy and going through box upon box of Kleenex, I spy the buds on the lilac bush and watch for new growth on the hydrangea and know that for me, this temporary condition will be long forgotten when all is lush and green and blooming. The boy, well, he may not appreciate all that so much. Yet. There's still hope. And he's pretty excited to get into the garden. If we have one.
Yep, that's right. There's a mystery puddle in the side yard, formerly known as "The Waste Land" that I've determined is a PERFECT place to add to the garden. So that will need to be investigated, and as you all know, April showers bring those May flowers, so our digging opportunities may not be abundant before planting season. As for the current garden arrangement, well, the fence needs to be replaced along that side of the yard. Has been for about 4 years or so. Every windy day we watch out the kitchen window to see if the rest will fall down. So before putting in a garden, we'll need to get that taken care of. And calling for quotes has not somehow been on the forefront of my mind, with work, my sister, all the house stuff, the kids' birthdays and party etc etc etc. If I want some peppers in my freezer and some tomatoes to can, I'd better get on the stick.
In the meantime, here's hoping that there's limited sneezing and Kleenex in your world, friends.
I am feeling an abundant amount of gratitude for friends near and far, new and old, and hope you know I hold you all in my heart.
xoxo,
me

No comments: