16 September, 2007

Eating at the Festival



And then there was the food... While Ava and I got her face painted, Dad and James went on a food recon. They came back with a barbecue sandwich, some tips (it's a total midwestern thing-I still don't get it but the tips are a Big Deal out here!) and an apple yam crumble thing. We were starving and it was super yummy so it didn't last long, but there was room saved for the piece de resistance, the CORN. On our way in we saw a stand selling sweet corn, and it was unanimous that we had to have some. So on our way out we found a shady place to enjoy it. The weather was so perfect that it was warm in the sun and as PJ put it, a perfect Arizona winter day. Nice in the shade, almost cool, and warm in the sun. Anyway, the corn was probably the best I've ever had, which could be due to the fact that they dip it into a vat of butter and my true love remembered I love the salt too. It was unbelievably delicious!

No comments: