31 January, 2007

Measuring


The countertop guys came today to make the template for the new countertops. It's going to rock ! They said after the templates, it typically takes about 3 weeks or so to put together. So new counters within the next month !!! We chose Richlite, (check it out here http://www.richlite.com ) and we decided on the Merlot color. It's like it seems, a nice deep wine color. Exactly how it will turn out will be determined upon installation, as it's not a process that yields the same result every time. Originally I was thinking a nice light gold for the kitchen paint, but now I am thinking a silvery greeny silver green. A color that you're not sure if it's silver or green. Keep it light as the cabinets, appliances and counters are all deep dark colors. The tile backsplash will have to be kept light as well. I found a stainless steel backsplash, but it's a bit pricey. I could have probably installed it tho, so poor PJ would not have to deal with the tile job, but I am excited to help. Even if I cannot make the cuts, maybe I can do the grout? He's the pro tho, with a couple of tile jobs under his belt.

Ava starts school tomorrow (didn't start Tues due to 4" of snow) and is super excited. You will see a picture of our beaming girl here tomorrow for sure !!!

Love to all...

No comments: