29 January, 2007

I am out of control.



So a few years ago, my watch broke. I think I was preggers with Ava, not sure, although I know we lived in Mesa. So PJ went out and even though he knows I am the pickiest person on the planet, he got me the exact perfect watch. After a while, the band died, and I couldn't part with the watch. So PJ got a new band down at Van Horne Jewelers in downtown South Bend, and they put it on. We knew it wasn't exactly right due to some configuration, and that it would not last forever. It started to go here pretty recently. It didn't even last a year. So I began my search for a new watchband. Easier said than done, since it's a 6mm and they are hard to find. Even online I found out! Well, I found one on http://watchbands.com and also on the site they showed a tool, the one people use to put on watchbands, and it was only $7 or $8! So I decided that I should have it. In case we need to replace any watchbands (now you know where to send your repairs). So in the mail today came a lovely bubble envelope with my new watchband, and the new tool. The watchband looked nice, and not as thick as the last one which I think was part of the problem. But wait! The buckle was GOLD and my watch is silver! Not to fear. With the power tools and the cake from scratch yesterday, and a new tool at my fingertips, do you think I am going to be wearing a silver watch with a gold clasp? Never! And this time it didn't take me that long. And it looks really nice. It wasn't that hard. I am so feeling empowered !

No comments: