29 January, 2007

Sunday snowboarding and baking


Sunday Dad took Ava to church and Mom kept James and his big cough home. When Dad and Ava arrived home, Dad expressed an interest in going snowboarding. (It was really coming down and I think he got nostalgic). So Mom said "Go!" and he did! He went a couple of hours north to a resort his friend Dave told him about called Bittersweet. http://skibittersweet.com
He said although he wasn't there for long, he got quite a few runs in, and wasn't as rusty as he was afraid he would be. He said he even got some air. Wahoo! He was home in time to shovel the walks, and Ava helped him with that.
While Dad was gone, Mom decided that he would not be able to install the baby gate that day and so why the heck should she not do it herself? So I did. It took three times as long as if PJ would have done it, but it's done right, and I am pretty proud! I even got to use the drill, which was totally fun. Watch out for me now. I feel empowered !

No comments: