29 January, 2007

Cake



While PJ was away snowboarding, Ava and I decided to make his cake. We made an angel food cake from scratch. Something I had never done before, and was a little apprehensive about. I even bought a boxed mix in case the thing didn't turn out. Well, we mixed, and beat the egg whites, and put the thing in the oven and when it came out darned if it didn't look right! So I decided it needed frosting. I mixed the confectioners sugar, butter, milk and vanilla till it looked right, and darned it if didn't taste good! So then we decided to decorate the thing. I had a little cake decorating thing I had purchased long ago, and we very humbly decorated it. I seemed to be on a roll, but didn't want to get too far ahead of myself, so I kept it pretty simple. After dinner that night, we lit the candle, Ava and I sang, and we cut the cake.
And darned if it didn't taste good!
All I can say is I love the Americas Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.

No comments: