02 April, 2011

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before...

1) I'm back. For how long, well, that depends on Miss Inspiration. Should she hang around, I will too.
2) Enjoyed an amazing date with Ava last night. Out for dinner (she wanted to go to the Acme!) and to Arts United to see the performance of Hubbard Street 2, part of the Indiana Dance Festival in conjunction with the Fort Wayne Dance Collective. She was so tired she almost fell asleep toward the end of the performance. However, she told me later that she persevered because I had told her she could have the lollipop the waitress brought for her if she sat still during the performance.
3) We talked during intermission of making a birthday date a tradition, and maybe choosing 5 things we wanted to work on in the coming year, then on the next birthday date go over what those 5 things were; did we improve? Do we need to carry it over? Then choose 5 things for the next year. She was ready with hers. Tattling, handwriting, soccer, not rushing on tests, and I don't remember the last one. Really, she's shown a bunch of improvement on the handwriting and rushing on tests. I can see the handwriting when she does homework. The rushing on tests was a specific improvement mentioned during parent teacher conferences. The only one I came up with on the spot was to pay attention to what I'm doing when I'm doing it, and try to focus on that one thing. Be present. I don't know if she understood.
4) I think if I can figure out how to blog from my phone, you'll see more posts.
5) I just spent over an hour with the template designer and I cannot see the background I want. Blerg!!!
6) I don't really miss tv except Thursday nights.
I'm off to build a fire. I hope you find me here. I will add "do more blogging" to my list of 5 for the coming year.
Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of picking five things to get better at and a birthday date. I like your song that plays in the background too. Glad your my friend. xoxoxo

just jen said...

1. love the flowers! where?!? love it. so...YOU! and it reminds me of the Danish chair HomeGoods is teasing me with.

2. love that you're writing again. love, love, love!

3. received text today. love texting. makes me feel like you're right next door. post still hanging heavy on my heart. theme/topic may come up again, as i truly believe i'm running through a little PTSD.

4. love the conversations you have with Birdie. o, how i aspire....

5. the boy has been working on his handwriting and test-rushing, too. soulmates? hoping! he's been leaving us notes on our bed at night. sweetest thing.

6. it is getting warm here. and soon my daydreams of cool breezes, warm coffee and conversations under knitted things will turn to bike rides to the library and chickens running have naked on the front lawn through sprinklers, while we sip tea and talk plans for canning...

big hugs, Indiana Sister. and love, love, love to that sweet family of ours.