14 July, 2009

Oh my heaving womb

I am sorry, I know this may produce an unfriendly visual. But today we rode to the park on our bikes, and there was a largeish group of kids there. Usually Ava will find someone roughly her size and introduce herself and I am not required unless there is some swinging. James and I usually go and slide the whole time alternating between his two favorites. But this time was different. Ava went and made a friend right away, but before I could ask James which slide he wanted to go down first, another little boy came up to him and asked his name then introduced himself. James trotted right after this nice boy (who was older than James but not too much) and they played really well together the whole time! Ava's friend even inspired her to try new things that she hasn't wanted to before. All in all what a great morning at the park. But the bittersweet thing is that although it really was awesome to see both kids making friends and having fun, my little boy is not so little any more. First the potty, now this. Will this be enough to make us reconsider a third?

1 comment:

just jen said...

is this a rhetorical question??? or will there be an answer?