08 November, 2010

This One's for You, J



Sunday we got leaves out of the back yard. Seeing as it will be 67 degrees today, James and I decided to tackle some of the yard work. I don't have any lawn bags so we just worked leaves today. And by worked leaves, I mean go outside and randomly point my blower toward the street. I bragged about the size of my leaf pile on the Facebook, but really, to be fair, I am also doing the front yard of the empty house next to us. The folks across the street mow in the summer, so in the fall I figure it's the least I can do. Winter will depend on if I get the hang of the snow thrower, and how cold it is. That is a corner lot, after all.
When I left for Tucson I was a bit bummed as fall colors hadn't really reached a good photo point. It was pretty, but not unbelievably pretty. As I suspected, that occurred shortly after my return. It was nice to come back to. I have so many photos from last year, I didn't really take too much. I missed Homers transformation-he lost his leaves pretty quickly this year. But a request from a dear friend, a desert dweller, came across the lines, and really, how could I say no? I stepped out into the mid 60 degree weather and took a few shots. A day like today is really special. I may let Ava postpone her piano work and get those kids out on their bikes. After Friday's snow, who knows how much longer we'll have to bask in this autumn glory?

2 comments:

just jen said...

and now i can breathe. 'tis fall somewhere. and it is grand.

Jenica Cory said...

So glad you commented on my blog! Thanks for the recommendations for mittens too. Now I know you have a blog...I had no idea. Will be following you from now on!