05 May, 2010

Wednesday

So today is not being looked upon by me as being "top ten" material. This morning on the way to take the kids to school I was running a few minutes behind and got stopped by a train. The kids got to school on time, tho. Then I took James over to his school, and when I got there they asked if I had a present for chapel. There was a flyer sent home that the kids were donating gifts for a "baby shower" to help little ones with special needs. Of course I did not. I thought it was next week!!! So off I go before I head to Ava's school to the store to pick up some diapers, rash cream, a rattle and gift bag. I suppose it worked out as I had additionally neglected to pick up something for Ava's teacher for teacher appreciation week. So while I was there I got her a thank you card and a little gift. Then off to Ava's school, late, where I begin making copies for the take home readers and in the middle of the first batch I run out of toner. I go back to the office (almost the opposite side of the bldg) to get the toner, then replace it, and finish copies. Finish my work in the class a few minutes late, and go to get Jam Master James. I get out onto Anthony without incident, and figure this will help me make up a few minutes, but at Creighton I get diverted by a policewoman. Anthony is closed heading north. So I detour, Creighton to Hanna then Berry back to Anthony, but was a couple of minutes late to pick up James. I was pretty dejected about the day at this point, but the sweetest boy on the planet sees me, flashes the biggest smile, and hands me a card with his handprints in it and a marigold planted in a mug. The bad stuff melted away. Sweet!
Things seemed to take a turn for the better as he was extremely well behaved at Meijer. I found only two New Belgium folly packs left, which of course I purchased, and one thing of my hair product left, which I purchased. I did not look upon this as a bad thing, as I needed only one hair thing and it will take us a while to get through 24 beers. I went through my blogs and websites when James had quiet time and saw on weather.com we are going to probably get some rain tonight, so I thought I would get ahead of the game and mow the lawn. I got through the back yard easier than last week, but alas, I think I had used up all my good fortune, as halfway through the front yard the damned thing BROKE.
Do you think John is trying to tell me something?

No comments: